Member Poetry (616)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

On The Mower

this is a funny little poem I wrote after a struggle with the lawnmower. Hope it gives you a laugh.     Three wheeled heathen lying still Y…

Started by jon clare

1 Feb 12, 2011
Reply by Rachael Belle Myers

I Hear Me Despite The wind

I Hear Me Despite The wind     I hear my thoughts tumble in slow motion chaos I hear my spirit crumble under the weight of unanswered quest…

Started by Sharonlee

5 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Anthony J Langford

Somnolence

Somnolence   …she heard a late night  train in the distance… a faint rattle-clack-rattle-clack that brought back hazy memories of a faded t…

Started by Sharonlee

3 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by Sharonlee

Absurd, a poem

This is a surrealists recap of the birth of Christ. Please don't hesitate to comment.     ABSURD!   Oh Mary, Mary, our mother, sweet Virgin…

Started by jon clare

4 Feb 8, 2011
Reply by jon clare

Sunday Afternoon

This is one i wrote almost a year ago now, and i haven't really looked at it since now which only consisted of a nervous glance. I read thi…

Started by jon clare

0 Feb 5, 2011

Is it Mandy or Andy? (tribute to Benny Hill)

I knew a lady once, whose name was Mandy Smelt like candy but a little self conscious was she Well, a kiss turned to a cuddle, a cuddle to…

Started by Steve Goldsmith

6 Feb 5, 2011
Reply by Steve Goldsmith

The Godly Things

I'm probably getting a bit carried away with how much material I'm putting on on here, but honestly, I'm just really excited to be communic…

Started by jon clare

0 Feb 5, 2011

On,listenin' to J.C

Okay, so this is my first poem to be posted. I was inspired to write from listening to Johnny Cash. Hope you enjoy, and would love some com…

Started by jon clare

0 Feb 5, 2011

No Monsters in Heaven

When I recall my memories as a child in our household I smile warmly, ‘cause it was you who made that house a home. Your love, it was so sa…

Started by Steve Goldsmith

3 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Steve Goldsmith

Is poetry dead

I wrote this poem and then thought I'd seek other poets opinions, Adrian's site is helping thanks Adrian! Is poetry dead? by Ilan Is poe…

Started by Ilan

6 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Vee

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service