Discussions (82)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

STONEKING'S SYDNEY SOUNDING

“The value of the poetry reading (sounding) as a social and cultural form can be partly measured by its resistance, up to this point, to r…

Started by Billy Marshall Stoneking

2 Aug 25, 2012
Reply by Billy Marshall Stoneking

Liar!

I saw them together on Elizabeth Street and had never felt so alone. Walking hand in hand, they didn't see me waiting for the three-one-one…

Started by Lee Wilde

0 Aug 20, 2012

Word Processor Blues

Being of slightly unsound mind, and a bit Irish as well, and not being in possession of an Etymology degree, nor a codebreakers manual, I c…

Started by william james falls

2 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by AutoPirate

Cool Morning

Cool morning light… blinds A lone still, remembered time You standing. Shirt. Tie.

Started by Lee Wilde

0 Jul 5, 2012

A meaningful dialogue.

Have you noticed recently how words are meaning less and less ? increasing in size, and magnitude, spreading outwardly, in indirect proport…

Started by william james falls

0 May 31, 2012

Pokies and poets

Could Tug Dumbly be the first Australian poet to bring down a government?

Started by Justin Lowe

10 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by Justin Lowe

Soliloquy

Poems seek a home for reason. When the bent mind has nowhere to go, it begs for a soliloquy. There is no inspiration formulae The moon is.…

Started by Cassy Nunan

4 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Cassy Nunan

Dante's Inferno too hot for kids

Did anyone see the story re Dante's Inferno being taken off the curriculum in Italian schools? The argument for this is that it is a homoph…

Started by Justin Lowe

1 Apr 4, 2012
Reply by Louis Albuerque

Poetry Competitions in the Eastern Suburbs 2012

Hi Everyone I'm looking for a comp to enter in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney  I'm sure I have the Winner in my Mind Please Help Cheers Lenny

Started by Lenny Waugh

0 Apr 3, 2012

I lay on a bed

Run across the tracks by Gary One lite exterior Jagged edges sanding Paint the back doorThink about nuclear Iran Eat chips to death Feel pa…

Started by Ilan

0 Mar 11, 2012

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service