Discussions (82)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Inspiration

Hello everyone   Usually when I write poetry it is due to some sort of emotional issue I have and the writing allows that to escape. Since…

Started by POETRY BY KDW

0 Nov 3, 2011

Big roll-up for lyric on north shore!

Hi all   We had 35-plus folk turn up at Club Willoughby last night for 1.2 hours of tight lyric poetry ... hey, you shoulda been there! But…

Started by Asti

0 Oct 21, 2011

The King is Dead, Long Live the King?

Or Queen - the figureheads is what I mean per se...   This is J. M. Coetzee on Les Murray http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011/sep

Started by alberts.robert

0 Oct 2, 2011

The SYDNEY SCREENWRITERS' STUDIO - A Workshop for Poets wanting to write a screenplay

THE SYDNEY SCREENWRITERS' STUDIO - A Workshop A writing adventure over eight weekends Treat yourself to an affordable, accredited, &…

Started by Billy Marshall Stoneking

0 Sep 19, 2011

If I hand you the conch, will you speak?

Word Travels is offering the poetry lovers of sydney a one time oppourtunity to get up close and personal with a poet,sharing their own sto…

Started by Australian Poetry Slam

0 Sep 8, 2011

How can we get more people reading poetry?

As a group poets seem to be concerned about improving their poetry (good stuff!!), getting their poetry published in literary journals, and…

Started by Dallas Burgess

2 Aug 6, 2011
Reply by Dallas Burgess

Dark cloud over Africa ~ translated into Somalian Swahili

Dark cloud over Africa ~ translated into Somalian Swahili by Ilan Dark cloud over Africa Dark wingu juu ya Afrika War and poverty beat Kuwa…

Started by Ilan

0 Jul 25, 2011

What is ?

A Paraprosdokian :   To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;   To steal from many is research. *

Started by Jim Spain

0 Jul 8, 2011

Shimmer, Shimmer, Unicorn

Shimmer, Shimmer, Unicorn © 2008 Bridget Cameron (Sing or recite to the nursery rhyme and tune of Wee Willy Winky)     Shimmer, Shimmer Uni…

Started by Bridget Cameron

0 Jun 21, 2011

We the dead

Ghosts and ghouls:We the dead by Ilan We are all dead Walking ghosts gloating Pretending to be real Serving saving sailing Sailing across t…

Started by Ilan

0 Jun 3, 2011

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service