Member Poetry (616)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

018: STRATHFIELD IN THE RAIN - REVISITED

Times change, the demographic broadens... but memories of 'how it was' remains.'   Steamy, silent streets of Strathfield wake and shimme…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 19, 2014

017: CROSSING THE MALL

I watched her flip-flopping through the mall, hurrying with trepidation to the welfare office, her black and white striped dress stretched…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 16, 2014

016: CHANGING TIMES

This is for Second-Hand Harry and Chip-Fat Franco.   The neat, second-hand furniture shop has gone, I got my bookshelves there. If I presse…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 10, 2014

NO BOZOS!

No bozos please, or floppy shoes, No three ring capers for the ignorant fools No ring top connivance, or a multicoloured facade No squirti…

Started by Thomas Kotsonis

0 Sep 10, 2014

015: MAY YOU NEVER

This is dedicated to the memory of Iain David McGeachy, known to most as John Martyn who, at the far too young age of sixty years, made his…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 8, 2014

014: MORNING GLORY

Porridge? With one banana, mashed and mixed?   Yes… sounds good. Steaming hot and aromatic.   Do you make your porridge with one banana?…

Started by Dermott Ryder

2 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by Dermott Ryder

BOSTON 1919

I still walk through the sticky goo,A pallid apparition meanderingAround the old rail yards, Where the decrepit tank blew!We all knew that…

Started by Thomas Kotsonis

2 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by Thomas Kotsonis

013: THAT VOICE

For William Carlos Williams...   On the paper-white slim screen I watch the weaving of waves and listen, tortured, as the words fall upon m…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 30, 2014

012: SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

For David Michael Gordon Graham [1940–2008]   He can’t play the seminal guitar today. Can’t sing or yell, amphetamine voiced, in low Dutch,…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 28, 2014

011: POETRY WORKSHOP

Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down. Robert Frost [1874-1963].   They gave him a very hard time, your poems, they s…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 26, 2014

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service