6.07pm

There's a strong wind coming over the bay, slamming up against my windows and whistling eerily to get inside. The trapped and cornered ocean is sharp metallic teal...baring slightly yellowish teeth closer to the retaining wall, where the sand beneath is still visible. Waves are thrashing around in every direction at once, rocking moored boats wildly from side to side. There's something mournful about the way the wind starts howling and then stops, again and again like a caged animal. Suddenly in a bullet of light a jet shrieks overhead from South to North-East, over the coast and out to sea.... slicing through the wounded sky which I believe will soon be crying.

8.30pm

Elizabeth Bay is blue-graphite cloaked by night. Alone with cold awareness... trapped, she rushes this way and that, finding only land and more land. Which way is out? Which way to deep blue freedom... the vast Australian Eastern Current?

Suddenly amidst the din of shrieking jets and howling winds she hears, "Let go............. stop searching and you will find your distant shores. Let go and let me take you within."

Turning my face from the tearful sky, I know.... the wind speaks a truth only an ocean can fathom.

Views: 20

Reply to This

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service