Member Poetry (616)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

010: FOR SOMEONE I KNOW

It's the end of the world, today, she said, tears in her eyes, shaking her head, whatever I had, I know I've lost, nobody knows but me.    …

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 24, 2014

August Rain

Silent three-one-one, gliding East tonight in rain. Fall, hard August rain. Soaked, smiling, you stood. Gentle glance, as if we could halt…

Started by Lee Wilde

1 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by Dermott Ryder

009: AMANDA

My friend Amanda wrote today, her young son, Alfredo, ran away, to join the brothers in the cause, to fight against oppressive laws.   Bl…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 20, 2014

008: AUTUMN IN HYDE PARK

Hyde Park, waiting for a friend, on a cool, late autumn afternoon. The park is teeming with activity. An unkempt itinerant evangelist haran…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 18, 2014

007-104: ENCHANTED STUDIO REVISITED

I wrote the much shorter original version of ‘Enchanted Studio’ in Paris some years ago. Over the intervening years it has grown, became m…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 15, 2014

006: FROM MY GARDEN GATE

I can see the old familiar hills from here, mottled green and blue, with bramble-berried slopes, they rise beyond a patchwork quilt of cot…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 14, 2014

005: A GRAVE EXPERIENCE

I stood near his simple grey stone marker and wondered what attitude I should adopt. He was after all a famous and loved poet. Should rev…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 12, 2014

004: HOME THOUGHTS

For David Idris [Taffy] Williams   Why do pretentious new-wave Bardic evangelists, rage about the travails of ancient heroes ad nauseam?…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 10, 2014

003: REUNION

For a poet with God in her typewriter…   I heard the recorded words of a great poet, the media, as the bones, now turning to dust. The dev…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 9, 2014

002: AS DARKNESS FELL

For Detective John Kent Matheson NYPD   Like a swimmer bursting ever upward from the indigo darkness of the depths, thrashing, struggling,…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 8, 2014

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service