Discussions (82)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pieces of Frailty

Pieces of Frailty   Found in the dark – pieces of frailty And I sat with you there as you called to me on sleepless nights.   But I fail to…

Started by Kerryn Lee Bon.

0 Jun 3, 2011

Guardian Poem of the week: The Cuckoo Song

As we are welcoming the winter, the UK is welcoming its summer. And what better way than remembering one of its oldest poems? This is a gre…

Started by Tim Entwisle

0 Jun 1, 2011

For change

I was asked if I wanted to organise something for Sydney but I won't be in town around that date. Anybody interested? Dear Les Wicks,      …

Started by Les Wicks

0 May 31, 2011

Poems about the Great Barrier Reef?

Can anyone on this Forum recommend to me any poems written about the Great Barrier Reef? Or any OZ poet that writes about that phenomenal…

Started by Cynthia Lewis-Jones

1 May 19, 2011
Reply by Cynthia Lewis-Jones

Unspoken Goodbyes…

Unspoken Goodbyes…     thoughts mostly of him linger softly despite my efforts to dispel them… a poignant longing grows in those plac…

Started by Sharonlee

0 Apr 17, 2011

Lost in Layers

A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark. Chinese Proverb   Lost in Layers   I lost myself in the art ga…

Started by Sharonlee

2 Apr 16, 2011
Reply by Sharonlee

Stop!

This was inspired by a visit to the local art gallery where there was an exhibition by a young local artist, Cory Du Muth ; one of Du Muth’…

Started by Sharonlee

0 Apr 15, 2011

UK Arts Council funding favours Faber over Poetry Book Society

Withdrawal of Poetry Book Society funding sparks outcry Many of the UK's most prominent poets have spoken out against the end of Arts Counc…

Started by Tim Entwisle

0 Apr 5, 2011

As a group it would be nice if we pooled resources and compiled a list of publications etc to submit our poetry in Australia.

I'll start. Wet Ink Magazine. Quite a good quartely publiation that also print stories. Hard to find in stores, but visit their website a…

Started by Anthony J Langford

2 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by Adrian Wiggins

Newcomer

Good Afternoon Everybody!   This is my first 'contribution' . I have just joined Sydney Poetry and I  am so happy to see that there are act…

Started by MLH

0 Mar 11, 2011

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service