Via Australian Poetry
International opportunity for poets: Australian Poetry's Tour of Ireland 2012.
Two established Australian poets to participate in a reading circuit of leading festivals, events and venues in Ireland for a one-month tour in 2012. Tour dates are currently being determined.
Dublin, like Melbourne, has recently been named a UNESCO City of Literature. This tour aims to explore the similarities, differences, opportunities and possibilities which might be derived from Ireland and Australia sharing this common bond.
- Return airfares to Ireland and transfers to reading / event venues
- A fee (which includes per diems and reading fees)
- Accommodation in Ireland
- Reading spots at leading festivals and venues
To be included in application:
- Applicant’s full contact information (must include email, phone and postal details).
- Applicants will need to have published two or more books by reputable publishing houses (self-published works are not eligible). Please include three copies of two books with application.
- A one-page CV of your literary achievements, including contact details of two professional referees.
- A maximum of two letters of support.
- The applicants must submit an additional one-page cover letter outlining:
- What they hope to achieve from the tour
- What makes them a good ambassador for Australian poetry
- How they would further promote Australian poetry and the Tour (e.g. maintaining an associated blog)
Note: Please enclose 3 copies of all application material.
Chris Wallace-Crabbe, Alison Croggon, and Dennis Haskell.
5pm 10 August 2011