All Discussions Tagged 'Sydney' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

008: AUTUMN IN HYDE PARK

Hyde Park, waiting for a friend, on a cool, late autumn afternoon. The park is teeming with activity. An unkempt itinerant evangelist haran…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Aug 18, 2014

4th Sydney poem: SYDNEY COVE

SYDNEY COVE by Nuri Rosegg The native shore in Shakespeare’s land we left With hearts as broken as teacups can be. Tho’ salty air repair’d…

Started by Nuri Rosegg

0 Oct 6, 2012

3rd poem of sequence Aboriginal Dreaming

Aboriginal Dreaming   I hope it’s true one day – one gamarruwa. In my dream I’m with you. I’m a whale As gigantic as an isle, a buruwang.…

Started by Nuri Rosegg

2 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Nuri Rosegg

2nd poem of sequence Aboriginal Dreamtime

The 2nd poem is also a pantoum. And this poetry form cannot be written in 4 lines. It's against the rules. The lines have to be in that par…

Started by Nuri Rosegg

0 Sep 15, 2012

Poems about Sydney (Triassic.....: the first in a sequence)

Hello, Unfortunately I'm not a Sydneysider. But I love Sydney - it was love at first sight. I had barely left the airport and I was in love…

Started by Nuri Rosegg

1 Aug 29, 2012
Reply by Stephanie Esther

Happy birthday Sydney poetry

I would like to congratulate Sydney poetry on it's  achievements and particularly it's creator Adrian Wiggins on bringing to Sydney this op…

Started by Ilan

0 Mar 11, 2012

SAUDADE

Saudade - Portuguese word meaning the unbearable longing for something or someone so far away that you may never see them again Standing k…

Started by Lou Steer

0 Feb 13, 2012

Australian BUS Poetry rather than BUSH Poetry

Collection of poetry inspired by my daily commute from The Northern Beaches into the CBD: http://buspoetry.blogspot.com/ And here's one f…

Started by coolmccool

0 Dec 23, 2011

The Veranda of Endless Sundays

These veranda days, they’re ok, you say. Cloud drifting. Mountains winking in the distance days. Sometime in the future we will remembe…

Started by Elizabeth Routledge

0 Jun 20, 2011

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service