All Discussions Tagged 'Ryder' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

023: MANCHESTER REVISITED

For Bill Grundy [1923-1993] and good times at Granada Studios Manchester UK   Grey days always remind me of Manchester, Salford Docks, kitc…

Started by Dermott Ryder

1 Nov 27, 2014
Reply by Steve Campbell Grant

024: HILL OF SMILES

This is for Shopping-Trolley Thomas, Vietnam Veteran and street-wise philosopher.   Today I’m not walking down the road to the town. Inste…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Nov 3, 2014

022: THE ROAD

For Appius Claudius Caecus, he recognized the need for good roads.   The water lies beyond the ridge, over the water, the ancient bridge, a…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Oct 10, 2014

021: THE RESTLESS IBIS

The restless Ibis walks with delicately precise tread   picking its way through the green, waiving, whispering  reeds skirting the river…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Oct 3, 2014

020: VALEDICTION

A grey woman appeared, like a hesitant wraith, ingesting pathogens, projectile vomiting smoke, exuding noxious acridity - coughing, hard…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 27, 2014

019: AT THE BLUE LIZARD CAFÉ

Poor sad sod sat in the corner, singing blues songs, unheard by the munching, chattering hopefuls - with companions of opportunity - ever…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 25, 2014

018: STRATHFIELD IN THE RAIN - REVISITED

Times change, the demographic broadens... but memories of 'how it was' remains.'   Steamy, silent streets of Strathfield wake and shimme…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 19, 2014

017: CROSSING THE MALL

I watched her flip-flopping through the mall, hurrying with trepidation to the welfare office, her black and white striped dress stretched…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 16, 2014

016: CHANGING TIMES

This is for Second-Hand Harry and Chip-Fat Franco.   The neat, second-hand furniture shop has gone, I got my bookshelves there. If I presse…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 10, 2014

015: MAY YOU NEVER

This is dedicated to the memory of Iain David McGeachy, known to most as John Martyn who, at the far too young age of sixty years, made his…

Started by Dermott Ryder

0 Sep 8, 2014

RSS

On Facebook

@sydneypoetry

Social

© 2024   Created by Adrian Wiggins.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service